Tuesday 18 November 2014

|| Padding- Practise session! ||






These are photographs of the practise I did with padding. I have used padding on both sides, creating the classic Elizabethan heart shape.

I have crimped the hair before I did padding to create a thicker texture of the hair and add volume...





The photo on the right shows the side of the head and how in the end I decided to leave some hair down at the back. This turned out to be very convenient as the model had very thick hair and this is how I have adapted the hairstyle to her type of hair.



I have also created a mini bun at the back in order to hide all the hair grips. This I think added a more of a modern feel to the hair style as buns are very fashionable right now. However, it is still Elizabethan because of the padding and the texture of the hair.











- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Examples of how padding was used in the Elizabethan days:


Image source: http://www.blackworkarchives.com/art/ElizabethBrydges_lg.jpg


Image source: http://nttreasurehunt.files.wordpress.com/2012/11/ntiii_nost_960230_large.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment